Friday, November 10, 2006

Comments welcome!

Today's title entered at a central library facility. Just wanted to check my blog is accessible away from my own Dulverton computer facility. Will see this afternoon when I actually enter today's content at home. - Yes, all OK.....

When I started this blog about a month ago I wasn't sure I would keep it going but I have made a daily posting. I was also a little unsure who I was doing it for. First of all for myself. A kind of online diary which might help me each day to focus on a concern or interest and clarify my thoughts. The title "Dulverton Ramblings" suggested I shouldn't mind if other residents here read what I was writing. This computer at which I sit is a house facility, in a public room, where anyone can use it and there is nothing to stop anyone who wishes logging on and reading my blogs. Only two or three have their own computers. So far I haven't broadcast the address, maybe I am ready to do that now - both in house and beyond, through correspondence and emails. I write under a pseudonym and do not display my email address. If I am serious about welcoming comments perhaps these details should change. Does everyone realise that they can comment simply by clicking on "comment" at the close of each posting and using the on screen facility provided?

Yesterday I read what others have written about encouraging responsive comment to blog material. I am happy to persue an open policy - all may read, anyone may comment.

This residence of 34 flats is owned and operated by the Church of England Pensions Board for their pensioners. There are a number of other such residences in other parts of the country. I have wondered about initiating some kind of email and blog networking with residents at the other locations.

Christmas mailing will be sent out soon and I will probably include information and an invite at the same time.

In other words I am open for interaction with others on matters of mutual interest using this blog as one of the vehicles.

So, anyone out there interested?

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Peter Ainsworth's Facebook Profile