Monday, November 20, 2006

We just clicked

Today's title is not mine but borrowed from Theodora Stites "First Person" article in the "Stella" magazine distributed as part of yesterday's "Sunday Telegraph".

In this article Theodora addresses the question "Why bother actually meeting someone when you can have a network of virtual friends at the press of a button?" She goes on to describe her obsession with the relationships she has developed through signing up to various internet sites.
They include
Friendster views
My iTunes
MySpace
Match.com
Facebook
Text Messages
Instant Messenger
Emails
Blogs
Nerve account
"I spend the majority of my time searching for new communities and ways to connect" she confesses. She has been tempted by
Plazes.com
Fark.com
Second Life
"I honestly don't know why anyone wants to socialise in person anymore. It's so difficult to concentrate on talking to just one person at a time."

I can see that a fairly new blogger like me will have to be careful if I am not sell my soul to a pseudo world of internet make-belief.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Peter Ainsworth's Facebook Profile