Today I did my bit for the advancement of science. I completed two internet enquiries about my attitude to Christmas cards and cracker jokes!
One is part of an experiement to uncover what your choice of Christmas card reveals about your personality, while the other will discover the best cracker joke.
I am promised an email copy of the findings when completed.
A Profesor Richard Wiseman at the University of Hertfordshire is undertaking the research. He has done earlier studies of the science of humour and is keen to test the universal belief that the jokes that crackers contain are, at best, childish and, at worst, simply not funny at all.
He wants to have evidential proof to back his theory that the apparently innocent act of sending a Christmas card is laden with hidden meaning.
You can find further material at www.xmasscience.co.uk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment